We are pleased to announce that our practice has been selected to participate in an exclusive program to offer our patients a new prescription eyedrop for droopy eyelid (also known as acquired blepharoptosis) called UPNEEQ.
ONE DROP DAILY. UPLIFTING RESULTS
Patients who wish to participate In this program can visit our office to have an examination and eligible patients will receive a complimentary supply of UPNEEQ. If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact our office for an appointment to see if you are a candidate for this exciting new product,
For rnore information about UPNEEQ, please visit upneeq.com.
IMPORTANT SAFE, INFORMATION
UPNEE, (oxymetazoline hydrochloride ophthalmic solution), 0.1, is indicated for the treatment of acquired blepharoptosis in adults.
WARNINGS AND PRECAUTIONS
- Alpha-adrenergic agonists as a class may impact blood pressure. Advise UPNEEQ patients with cardiovascular disease, orthostatic hypotension, and/or uncontrolled hypertension or hypotension to seek medical care If their condition worsens.
- Use UPNEEQ with caution in patients with cerebral or coronary Insufficiency or Sjögren’s Advise patients to seek medical care if signs and symptoms of potentiation of vascular insufficiency develop.
- UPNEEQ may increase the risk of angle-closure glaucoma in patients with untreated narrow-angle Advise patients to seek immediate medical care if signs and symptoms of acute narrow-angle glaucoma develop.
- Patients should not touch the tip of the single patient-use container to their eye or to any surface, In order to avoid eye injury or contamination of the solution.
Adverse reactions that occurred in 1-5, of subjects treated with UPNEEQ were punctate keratitis, conjunctival hyperemia, dry eye, blurred vision, Instillation site pain, eye irritation and headache. DRUG INTERACTIONS
- Alpha-adrenergic agonists, as a class, may impact blood pressure. Caution in using drugs such as beta-blockers, anti-hypertensives, and/or cardiac glycosides is advised. Caution should also be exercised in patients receiving alpha-adrenergic receptor antagonists such as in the treatment of cardiovascular disease. or benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- Caution is advised In patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors which can affect the metabolism and uptake of circulating amines.
UPNEEQ is the first and only FDA-approved eyedrop for the daily treatment of droopy eyelid in adults. As one of the practices invited to participate in this program, we strongly encourage any of our interested patients to give us a call to learn more.
To report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS or product complaints, contact RVL Pharmaceuticals at 1-877-.2-3788. You may also report SUSPECTED ADVERSE REACTIONS to the FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch